Even though Thailand is a Buddhist country, Halloween in Bangkok is still a popular, fun and celebrated event in the city. There are lots of different events around the city, so let’s look at the best places to celebrate Halloween in the big mango.
Halloween in Bangkok for families
The Malls – Head to the shopping malls on the weekend after Halloween or during the afternoon of the 31st of October for costume parades and competitions.
Trick or treat – If you are in a neighborhood or condo with families, why not organize a trick-or-treat route between the local families? Alternatively, head to the area surrounding the American Embassy and trick or treat around here.
K – Village – From 6 pm to 9 pm on the 31st, head to K-Village for a Halloween party for children and family. Here you will find games, glitter tattoos, face painting, a photo booth, a costume contest, storytelling, and a haunted house.
Wild Spooky Rumpus – Head to The Commons on October 27th for a fun-filled, family day. Expect face painting, doughnut decorating, arts & crafts, storytelling, a fashion show, pottery painting, and more.
The British Club – The British Club runs events and festivals throughout the year, with their annual Halloween event often being an evening of fun, laughter, and family-friendly spooks.
Best bars in Bangkok for Halloween
- Mahanakhon Bangkok SkyBar X – Wicked Witch Halloween Party – This rooftop bar is the highest Halloween party in the city. With free entry, head to the Mahanakhon for the 9 pm, Wizard of Oz-themed party.
- Char Bangkok – Another rooftop bar offering creative cocktails and stunning views.
- Drag Me to SO – Head to the So Sofitel for a 5-hour nonstop party; this is perfect for those looking for a little boogie and a drag-queen witchy show.
- The Iron Fairies – This bar is always decked out for magical and mysterious evenings, making it the perfect place to chill out and enjoy a drink on Halloween night.
NESTRooftop Lounge – Head to this rooftop lounge on Soi 11 for a fun, Halloween-themed evening on the 31st of October, including guest DJs.
Nightclub Halloween parties
- Escape – This rooftop bar and
clubhas a Halloween party on the 31st but also hosts the Road to Kolour in the Park: Halloween Edition party!
- Levels – Head to Levels from 10 pm – 2 am for The Witching Hour party, entrance starts at 300 THB including a drink.
- Route 66 – For a Purge Lockdown event, head to Route 66. This looks slightly horrific and scary but tickets also cost 300 baht.
- Glow – This electro dance club hosts a Halloween on the 31st October, featuring DJ Mendy Indigo and NT66.
- The Club at Koi – For those looking for an upscale clubbing experience, head to the Halloween party
Monstarat The Club at Koi on the 31st.
- Insanity – Head to Insanity on the 30th or 31st, for some Halloween fun! Don’t just expect a nightclub party, Insanity brings high-energy dance music, a freak show, dancers and actors.
Celebrate Halloween in Bangkok with a difference
- Siri House – Head to this social, dining, hangout spot for a house party-styled Halloween spectacular. With a scavenger hunt, hidden treasures, taste spooky cocktails and enjoy a horror movie marathon.
- Woobar Horror Show Presents Bad Witches – With tickets starting at 400 THB, head to W Bangkok to watch the bad witches performance from Pangina Heals; Thailand’s popular drag queen.
- Dia de Muertos – Head to Revolucion Cocktail Bar for some exotic Latin rhythms from DJ DaddyRock. Dress up for Halloween; those with great costumes will get a free shot!
- Halloween Cruise – Jump on a large metal ship on Bangkok island to dance the night away; there is a selection of DJ’s and party rooms to enjoy. This event is on Saturday 1st November, so it is ideal for those working in Bangkok too.
- OMG Oh My Ghost Bangkok 2019 – This festival is great fun and runs the weekend before Halloween; Saturday 26th October. Tickets are 999 baht at BITEC Bangna Hall 106.
Have a great Halloween in Bangkok this year! Let us know where you are heading to in the comments below!